Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer required. My client is a well established Manufacturer who due to continued growth are now seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team. It is expected that candidate will be based in a commutable distance of the Chesterfield area.
The ideal Mechanical Engineer will come from either a Graduate or apprentice trained background and will be required to provide CAD support (3D Modelling & 2D drawing) to both the Technical & Installation teams on a variety of projects. It is expected that the successful Technical Support Engineer will responsible for the preparation of designs, tender documents, bill of materials & technical documentation.
The successful Graduate Design Engineer will be given technical training but expected to have an academic understanding of technical drawings, AutoCAD component lists and specification writing. The Technical Engineer will also have the opportunity to work on projects across the group of companies and visit customers sites as required.
This position will require a logical approach with attention to detail and the ability to work to project timescales a key requirement. The role would suit an ambitious and motivated Graduate seeking to progress their career in an Engineering/ Manufacturing environment.
Technical Support Engineer Position Overview
- Providing CAD support to both the Technical & Installation teams
- Preparation of quotes, designs, bill of materials & technical documentation
- Project Managing orders on an ad-hoc basis
- Design work based upon project requirements
- Sourcing of products and liaison with suppliers
Technical Support Engineer Position Requirements
- HND/ HNC or above in an engineering orientated subject desirable
- Previous experience in Thermal Modelling (desirable)
- Proficient with CAD software packages (AutoCAD/ Solidworks)
- Self-motivated and able to communicate across all levels
Technical Support Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary £18-£22K+ (dependent upon experience)
- 28 Days Holiday - including Bank Holidays
- Training provided
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959367124