Research Engineer (Aerospace Jigs & Tools)
Experienced Engineer required for an Tooling Engineering opportunity. Candidate must have completed a degree level qualification BEng (Hons) Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering (Minimum 2.1) and have 2- 5 years relevant experience.
AERTEC Solutions are global aerospace specialists in high added value solutions, working on a daily basis with AIRBUS, Tier 1 and other key suppliers. We are a global company with sites in many different countries which allows for constant opportunities for travel and/or relocation. To learn more about our company, please visit our website.
AERTEC are currently seeking a candidate who is driven by results, respond constructively to new ideas and inputs and have a proven ability to develop business cases and specifications for new technology concepts in the production environment.
Within this role the candidate will have the exciting opportunity to develop new technology concepts through to prototype testing, in a position where we are always striving to be at the cutting edge of technology.
Key aspects to the role:
- Writing technical research reports and communicating complex ideas to technical and non-technical
- The ability to extract information from a variety of stakeholders.
- Project management of research supply companies and manufacturers of prototypes.
- The ability to understand AIRBUS standards and processes and the relationship between these and the new technology work stream
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum training: Relevant Engineering Degree
- Minimum experience: at least 3 years
- Tooling experience
- Knowledge of aero structures manufacturing and final assembly.
- Advanced command of English, other languages also valued.
- Eligible to work in UK is a must
- CATIA V5 (or similar design system)
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint (high proficiency)
- Advanced knowledge of automation processes are an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of rules and tools of Airbus Operations. Experience in Airbus military programmes or other products (Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer) would be advantageous.
- Joining a multidisciplinary company with multinational presence.
- Full time permanent contract based in Broughton, Chester
- Start date asap
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959367422