Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Engineer (Interior Systems) to join the team at their New Development Centre in Millbrook, Bedfordshire. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £44,994 - £48,643 per annum depending on experience, plus competitive benefits.
Our client is a leading global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their desire is to provide world-class automotive components and systems, be leaders in innovation and contribute to a sustainable society.
Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. They are aiming to achieve sustainable business growth through expansion of their product range & customer base. The new development centre becomes part of the global development organisation.
More about the Senior Engineer role
The role will involve the design and development of automotive components and systems using your engineering knowledge and experience. Your development activities will support new product launches and the continuous improvement of current product competitiveness.
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Engineer?
- Complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for new launch products
- Generate, progress and implement product improvement projects e.g. technical cost reduction
- Investigate and report the European region development technologies and trends
- Promotion of technology and products
What skills and experience do I need to become a Senior Engineer?
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Interior Parts Development or other Automotive Plastic parts
- Experience in managing Project QCT (from R&D perspective)
- Experience of managing a team of up to 4 Engineers
- Utilising CAD tool (NX) to review CAD Data
- Experience of making, reviewing and approving Engineering Changes using tools such as Design Review
- Applying engineering tools & techniques e.g. design FMEA, FTA, etc.
- The ability to Interface effectively across functions and regions
- The ability to Interface effectively with Customers
- Making reports/presentation for Management Reviews
- Conducting Benchmark Activities
- Self-motivated and well organised with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and develop
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join and develop your career as a Senior Engineer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77343990