Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer / London / £35k-£45k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Furniture Design, Homeware, Luxury, Ideation, Solidworks, Keyshot, Manufacture, Production
This is a role for an enthusiastic Senior Product Designer who is passionate about delivering beautiful and intelligent solutions within the hospitality industry. Based in London, the position requires you to build a close working relationship within the design and production team as well as others, contributing to all phases of the design and manufacture process. With the split between design and development of products, client projects are a mixture of design services to amend or develop the standard range of products designed and manufactured exclusively for clients ranging from high end hotels through high street restaurants as well as the design and development of engaging and high quality new products.
THE SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Confident working concurrently on multiple projects.
- Communicating with other design and business departments.
- Comfortable working within defined parameters.
- Demonstrate innovative design thinking and problem solving within manufacturing.
- Responsible delivering assigned projects as well as being active inputting into cross-team projects.
- Ideally bringing experience in metal construction and forming, ceramics and glass.
- Having an affinity with the brand aesthetic and leaning towards concept generation.
ABOUT THE SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
- A good degree in Product/Industrial design and portfolio of products to highlight confident design skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a relevant/similar industry.
- Talented and self-motivate with a passion for good design and innovation.
- Strong Solidworks, KeyShot and Adobe Suite skills.
- Problem solving skills and innovative design solutions.
- Skills of researching, creating concepts, prototypes and mock-ups.
- Delivering beautiful products within a budget, understanding cost implications in decision making throughout the design process.
- Curiosity and intellect to identify and solve problems.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77355290