Our client has a unique opportunity available for an Engineer in Electrical and Electronics Systems to join the team at their New Development Centre in Millbrook, Bedfordshire. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £38,653 - £41,787 per annum depending on experience, plus competitive benefits.
Our client is a leading global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their desire is to provide world-class automotive components and systems, be leaders in innovation and contribute to a sustainable society.
Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. They are aiming to achieve sustainable business growth through expansion of their product range & customer base. The new development centre becomes part of the global development organisation.
More about the Engineer role
The role will involve the design and development of automotive components and systems using your engineering knowledge and experience. Your development activities will support new product launches and the continuous improvement of current product competitiveness.
What are the responsibilities of the Engineer?
- Complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for new launch products
- Generate, progress and implement product improvement projects e.g. technical cost reduction
- Investigate and report the European region development technologies and trends
- Promotion of technology and products
What skills and experience do I need to become an Engineer?
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Automotive Electronics parts Development or similar area
- Electrical engineering knowledge especially Electrical Product (Meter/BCM, AC AMP)
- Software knowledge for development of Automotive Electrical parts
- Electrical technical skill required Model, Software & Hard ware
- Knowledge and CANanalizer use
- ISO26262 function safety skill and experience development
- The ability to study, propose and Release Engineering Design changes in timely manner using Design Release System
- Understand Automotive Standards including performance requirements
- The Ability to apply engineering tools & techniques e.g. design FMEA, FTA, etc.
- Project Management Skills
- The ability to Interface effectively across functions and regions
- The ability to Interface effectively with Customer
- Experience of making reports/presentation for Senior Reviews
- Self-motivated & well organised with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and develop
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join and develop your career as an Engineer in Electrical and Electronics Systems.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77344393