Senior Credit Controller
Unique General Insurance Opportunity Available, Senior Credit Controller, Harrogate, Competitive starting salary of up to £25,000 depending on experience, 26 days' vacation, private pension and medical, life assurance, free onsite parking, along with annual pay review and bonus scheme.
Established in 1995, Rural Insurance, part of Primary Group Limited, the award-winning specialist insurance provider, is an underwriting company dedicated to providing insurance solutions to meet the needs of agricultural and rurally-based businesses. Working exclusively with brokers, we supply insurance products that provide a broad range of rural business and farming requirements.
Overall Purpose of the Senior Credit Controller:
We are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to work in a busy office environment. This is a full time position based in our head office in Harrogate.
The role of the Senior Credit Controller is to effectively support the Financial Controller, whilst working in a team environment to improve process and cash flow within the business. To build key stakeholder relationships, whilst maintaining a key focus around effective controls and efficient processes.
Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Controller:
- Production of credit control reports on a regular basis highlighting payment problems.
- Set up regular meetings with Heads of Business Development & team leaders within Rural to ensure that cross team relationships are built in order to resolve queries quickly, or be aware of potential issues
- Ensure adequate cover within the team in times of holiday, in order to maximise debt collection
- Ensure own tasks as a credit controller are being met - these being;
- Sending statements and reminders to brokers
- Chasing brokers for payment on all accounts to ensure that the Business has sufficient cash to pay insurers and meet its expenses.
- Ensure that all broker remittances are posted/allocated and logged in the cash book.
- Other general duties to assist other members of the accounts team when required.
Desirable skills and knowledge of the Senior Credit Controller:
- Previous banking, accounts or credit control experience with knowledge of accounting systems
- Ability to administer all aspects of the credit control function
- A strong and confident personality
- Knowledge of (delete)client money/ FCA and key regulatory requirements
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Target driven
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft package.
This is an exciting role which will provide a wealth of experience for the right candidate. If you are interested in this great opportunity to work as our new Senior Credit Controller, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366635