CILEx Law School have an exciting opportunity for a PR Officer to join the team based in Kempston, Bedfordshire. You will join us on a full time permanent basis working 35 hours per week and receive a salary of up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
CILEx Law School is CILEx's wholly owned law school, specialising in distance and blended learning in law and legal practice. Due to the expansion of our business we are looking to recruit a PR Officer to join our busy and friendly Marketing Team.
This is an exciting position for someone with a background in PR and/or law, who is keen to focus on public relations.
As part of a small team, you will work on a variety of projects, but with a particular emphasis on content development and PR. You will already have relevant experience, and must have the ability to work independently but also to become an integral part of our team.
Main responsibilities as our PR Officer
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of all CILEx Law School's courses, publications and apprenticeship programmes, including delivery methods, course resources etc.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the legal sector and the legal education training market in particular.
- Develop and deliver an annual PR calendar in consultation with Marketing Manager and Deputy Marketing Manager.
- Create website and social media content based on topical news, student and alumni testimonials, employer case studies, study tips, employability etc.
- Review published data on apprenticeships, further education, higher education, legal sector regulation, legal sector careers to identify material for thought leadership articles.
- Write, gain approvals for and issue press releases on news; maintain media database and develop media relations
- Maintain a database of approved quotes and testimonials; record contact with clients and students on CRM.
- Ongoing liaison and rapport-building with Apprenticeship, Academic and Business Teams to obtain photos and quotes from events, conferences, inductions and revision sessions.
- Ongoing liaison with contacts at key employer clients to obtain approvals for press releases, input on content creation etc.
- Obtain material from apprentices for National Apprenticeship Week and CILEx Apprentice of the Year; generate and submit legal sector and apprenticeship awards nominations for CLS; liaise with key clients to obtain CILEx Employer of the Year nominations and to encourage submissions for other national awards.
- Develop ideas for, and implement, new PR campaigns eg to generate interest in law, to promote acceptability of apprenticeships and vocational training; to capitalise on CLS's 35 year anniversary in 2018.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of content and make recommendations for key improvements and refinements.
Qualifications and skills needed to become our PR Officer
- Either a legal practitioner with experience of marketing/PR. Will be required to undertake PR training while in post.
- Or a content developer/copywriter/PR practitioner with an interest in/experience of law or legal practice. Will be required to study for the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice while in post.
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent in law or marketing (alternatively a candidate with significant relevant experience will be considered).
- Proven administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task and achieve very tight 'same-day' deadlines
- Confident and friendly manner
- Excellent IT skills including MSWord, Excel and Powerpoint
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a PR Officer then please click 'Apply' today!
Please NOTE that we do not accept CVs. To apply, please download a job description and application form from our company website.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 November 2017
Interviews to be held late November 2017 (date to be confirmed)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366044