My client in the Brecon area are looking for a Process Engineer with a focus on Continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing.
This is a "hands on" role working within the business. The Engineer participates within the overall team, meeting the needs of our business against the below criteria.
- To support and drive Continual Improvement activities throughout the business with the use of Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- To evaluate, propose and introduce changes to existing business processes with the aim of increasing profitability by reducing waste and improving efficiency whilst maintaining system integrity and product quality.
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Good leadership skills within a team environment to facilitate & manage change
- Team working skills
- Good communicator
- Problem solving / analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of enthusiasm and commitment to drive change
- I.T. skills including CAD software.
- To promote and implement business wide methodologies that encompass waste reduction and continual improvement
- To actively manage and implement the companies Process Improvement system to ensure that all "improvement ideas" are evaluated and implemented, where applicable, in a timely manner
- In conjunction with the Site Operational Manager's / Team Leaders, use a multi-disciplinary team approach to encourage the introduction of process improvement within all business areas ensuring that maximum benefits for both the company and its workforce are achieved in line with specific business key performance indicators
- In conjunction with the relevant business team, review and where required participate in the implementation of changes to current processes and work practices
- To evaluate, propose, source and project manage the installation and commissioning of new plant, processes and changes to factory layout
- To assist the business team in improving skill levels of team members in order to manage change effectively
- To support the introduction of new products and processes by assisting in the creation of work instructions
- To assist Manufacturing Team Leaders in visual workplace management activities and displays.
- To participate in new business project team activities
- To assist in assessing feasibility on new business opportunities
- To provide data for use in monthly status reports for management review
This is a very exciting opportunity to join an expanding team, for more info please call me on *********** or ************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366348