Contract Software Developer - Net / C# / SQL / Scrum - RBI Holborn
- Contract Software Engineer / Developer for Reed Business Information ? Holborn
- Immediate start ? 3 months initially with likely extension(s) ? Rate to £380-£420/day
We are seeking an experienced C# / .Net Software Developer to join our thriving ICIS product development group in Holborn. You will play a key role in the agile development of a specialist editorial and data platform vital to our Energy Markets Reporting and Intelligence activities. The platform is developed using the current Microsoft .Net Core Stack and we use Angular 2 to provide the browser based editorial interface. Features are developed using an agile approach, using a Service-Oriented Architecture.
Our key challenges include integrating data from a wide variety of sources into the system and providing performant access to this data, and other internally generated data, to other existing systems and editorial users. You will make an immediate impact working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of developers, testers, editors, and analysts using modern tools and techniques.
Must have skills:
- Proven C# and .Net Skills working with complex transactional backend systems, ideally worked with .NET Core
- SQL Server development (using SQL Server 2012 or higher)
- Comfortable working in an Agile Environment
- Strong skills in performant API development
- Git Version Control
- Worked with AWS before ( experience working with SWF, SQS, SNS etc)
- Happy to contribute to Devops tasks ( TeamCity/Puppet/Terraform)
Reed Business Information (RBI) is a billion dollar company providing information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of the FTSE100 RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959365645