MRO Technician - Composites
MRO Technician - Composites
£24,500 - £27,500
Proptech is a leading aircraft propeller MRO with a global customer base. Situated in Lee-on-the-Solent UK, the organisation is part of the Segers Group of companies and is their primary location in Europe. The Operations Team at Proptech is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic technician with experience of performing composite repairs using fibreglass & carbon fibre.
Purpose of Role
Carry out Propeller repairs and overhauls. Working in line with manufacturers? and regulatory requirements to meet the customer?s expectations of turnaround time, delivery date and quality standards.
- Hands-on completion of Maintenance Repair and Overhaul in accordance with company procedures and OEM manuals. This will include elements such as:
- Perform composite repairs.
- Replace Leading Edges to blades.
- Replace rubber de-icing shoes to blades.
- Embody service information.
- Assemble components & assemblies.
- Carry out inventory checks on products.
- Strip & clean products.
- Inspect all relevant components and identify items for scrap, rework or refit with reference to and interpretation of relevant product information and OEM manuals.
- Carry out blade grinding and blade balancing operations to metal and composite components.
- Carry out paint spraying.
- Build propellers/products to defined standards ensuring fit, clearance & modification levels are accurate.
- Carry out final inspection checks on products, ensuring all paperwork is appropriately completed.
- Participate in off-site field repairs.
- Perform release signatory duties on all products.
- Assist with the Goods-In function. Assist with the Despatch function.
- Assist in training other team members ensuring best practice standards are maintained.
Qualifications & Experience
Recognised engineering apprenticeship with an NVQ Level 3 in Mech Eng or an Aerospace Eng BTEC level 3 Diploma. The successful MRO Technician will have experience working within the Aerospace or Aviation sector. Experience working with Composite materials within the Aviation industry would be very beneficial. The MRO Aircraft Technician will have the following skillset:
- Experience working with Composites in the aviation/aerospace industry.
- Ability to read component maintenance manuals, drawings, layout information.
- Experience of working with Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives.
- Good writing and PC skills matched with good communication skills.
If you are interested in the MRO Technician apply now and Proptech will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful with this application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959365510