We have a fantastic opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join our well-established client on a temporary and on-going basis. The company is based in Stoke on Trent and has grown to be a leading and award-winning provider of specialist manufacturing supplies.
The successful candidate will record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments and will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy. This role is largely manual; therefore interested candidates need to be able to work with multiple manual cashbooks, spreadsheets and payment of cheques.
As a Bookkeeper the role will consist of:-
- Purchase Ledger - posting cheques to the ledger, cash book payments and cash book maintenance
- Credit Control including sending out chasing letters
- Sending sales list to HMRC online on a monthly basis
- Monthly processing of P32 on Opera
- Bank reconciliation
- Prepayments/accruals and journal postings
- As a Bookkeeper you will be responsible for weekly and monthly wages for 17 staff via clock cards and a manual wage book
- Inputting absences on personnel files (on Opera)
- Updating wage books for the following week
- Previous bookkeeping /Accounts experience
- Must available for an immediate start
- Ideally someone who has experience of manual bookkeeping
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Confident and personable individual
Our client will consider candidates who want to work full time or part time hours and are flexible regarding start and finish times.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Manual Bookkeeper
Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366330