R&D Software Engineer
5 Billion people have no access to safe surgery and Touch Surgery is on a mission to solve that problem. If you?re looking for a real purpose behind what you do, this role is a genuine opportunity to make a difference.
We look for people that love to get things done while understanding how to build products that will stand the test of time. Engineers that want to be proud of their work building tools that are used by surgeons and medical professionals around the globe. If you love a technical challenge, building products to have a positive impact and are committed to continuous professional development you will love Touch Surgery.
You will be responsible for...
- Develop user interface centric applications for Augmented Reality (AR) headsets, tablets and other devices.
- Quickly translate high-level concepts and designs into working software prototypes.
- Iterate over software prototypes based on stakeholder feedback.
- Develop and deploy software across various hardware platforms.
We will need you to have...
- B.S, M.S or PhD in Computer Science, Information Science, or an equivalent field with greater than 4 years experience.
- 5+ years experience of writing high-quality object-oriented code in C#, C++, Python.
- Demonstrable experience of using Unity3D to produce a shipped product.
- Experience of developing Augmented Reality software.
- Must have worked in an agile environment
- Experience with test automation
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git, Perforce)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in development with TDD/BDD
We would like you to have, but not essential...
- Experience developing AR applications with Unity 3D.
- Understanding and working knowledge of key algorithms and maths required for AR development.
- Experience of developing mobile applications with Unity 3D.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Git, CMake, Debugging Tools, Continuous Integration.
- System integration experience with any of the following: web services (REST, SOAP), AWS.
- Low-level networking experience (TCP Sockets, UDP, Http).
- Experience working in a fast-paced, tight-knit multi-disciplinary team.
As the team is growing, we are looking for someone with a real passion for software development to join our diverse but tight-knit group of dedicated people, working in an agile environment. You will be helping implement features into our platform and assist with maintenance across the whole codebase. You will be exposed to UI, networking, data persistence as well as opportunities to work on our simulation engine.
- 25 days? holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- Pension scheme
- Friday drinks
- Cycle Scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
- Kids Vouchers
- Free breakfast & healthy snacks
- Games nights (pizza & beer provided)
- Learning opportunities with courses & workshops
- For more senior team members we are also open to remote working.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the best healthcare start-ups in Europe, with the chance to meet and develop relationships with surgeons from around the world. We offer competitive salaries and a share options scheme so that all our employees have a part in our success. We are located near Old Street Station in a newly refurbished space, which is right at the centre of the growing technology start-up scene in London.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this "R&D Software Engineer" position please click the "Apply Now" button, this will transfer you to the recruitment website where you will need to complete the application process.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959365207