Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller – Service and Equipment to join their team based in Ashby De La Zouch. You will be employed on a full time permanent basis and receive a salary of £18,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Our client is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our client provides productivity-enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment of all makes. In 2016, Group sales totalled EUR 3,278 million. The Group has 17,000 employees, at more than 600 locations in 50 countries.
Our client is a multi-branch environment with 11 branches nationwide and 2 Equipment Factories and has over 500 employees. The sales turnover is approximately £78 million.
A Credit Controller is required to join the finance team based in Ashby de la Zouch on a permanent basis. The selected person will report to the UK Credit Manager.
Responsibilities of their Credit Controller
Working closely with two other Credit Controllers and the Credit Manager, you will be expected to ensure the timely collection of receivables in accordance with the company’s credit terms. You will deal with all aspects of credit control with the aim to reduce DSO’s, minimise bad debts and maximise cash flow.
Duties will include:-
- Setting and maintaining credit limits
- Proactive chasing of debts to ensure on time payment
- Collection of overdue debts from initial phone calls/emails through to issuing legal proceedings
- Maintaining the stop system
- Recording and resolution of sales invoice queries, working closely with the 11 service branches
- Reviewing Customer Trend Analysis
- Weekly reporting of Invoice queries for all branches
- Assist with producing Credit Management reports monthly
Skills needed to become their Credit Controller
- An understanding and keen interest in Credit Control
- A basic Business/Accounting knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- A polite, confident and assertive telephone manner
- Experience in using SAP is preferable but not essential as full training will be provided
- A well organised and motivated person
- Good IT Skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
What they offer
Our client is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that this position includes a host of benefits. A remuneration/benefits package is offered including a competitive base salary, contributory pension, bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, employee share save plan and along with excellent company working practices.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Credit Controller then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77285934