Remote Diagnostics Centre Engineer
Siemens Power Generation Services (PS) has exciting opportunities for Remote Diagnostic Centre (RDC) Engineers to join our Warwick office. Reporting to the RDC Manager the successful candidates will work within a diverse team based in our Aero-derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Services Headquarters.
An established world leader in Digital Services, our RDS teams have been providing solutions for global power generation and oil and gas projects for over 20 years. The RDC Engineers provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring and develop and implement AGT specific detection agents in alignment with the global RDS guidelines and AGT requirements. They will recover and maintain all AGT know-how already embedded in existing Diagnostic Networks; manage workflow/ticketing related activities with regards to the Customer Technical Support service across multiple remote sites and regional hubs. RDC Engineers provide the vital link between our Data, Service Engineering and Service Operations teams to include our world class 24/7/365 Operational Service Desk.
This role is primarily office based, supporting our 24/7/365 remote monitoring operations, however 'out-of-normal-hours' support may be required to meet customer expectations. This role will be subject to continuous professional development from both academic and product related perspectives. Product development and more specific RDS training requirements will be assessed during on-boarding and an appropriate personal development plan created and delivered thereafter.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring, reporting to local RDC Manager.
- Recover, maintain and keep updated the AGT specific know-how of detection/prognostics, already developed in existing Diagnostic Networks done with existing Third Party companies, and migrate to STA-RMS platform.
- Design, develop, verify and test new detection agents, based on specific AGT failure modes and criticalities (Top Ten Offenders, FMECA based).
- Develop Remote Diagnostic Monitoring activity to ensure that risk to both Siemens and customer organisations from equipment degradation or downtime is minimised/mitigated by timely preventive action.
- Creation of customer reporting & ticketing activity ensuring it is timely, concise and technically accurate whilst delivering maximum commercial leverage.
- Ensure RDS Data Integrity (including data from contributory systems) ensuring it is available when required, reliable, correct and actively monitored commensurate with its use for RDC planning, analysis and decision support.
- Maintenance / reporting of the remote services platform connection and maintenance processes establishing maximum opportunity for site data collection.
- Lead the local research and development activities that have been agreed by RDS global via the Product Development process. Engaging globally with RDC's, external suppliers, academia, customers and professional bodies to maintain competitive advantage.
- Ensure Engineering rigor and documentation tracking (Libraries) of the development and implementation of Diagnostic & Prognostic rules.
- Identify opportunities for development and support the overall RDS Research & Development engineering priorities.
- Work with the RDS Operations, Technical Services & Product Management teams to develop and sustain a continuous growth of the RDS value addition capability.
- Coordinate and execute root cause analysis to remove bottlenecks in data post processing (bug fixing).
- Implement RDS Engineering documentation forms, Protocols.
- Coordinate RDC Diagnostic & Prognostic Rules functions, harmonizing Design, Commissioning and Troubleshooting expertise.
- Maintain a "big picture" view in day-to-day operation across all RDCs, spot check the quality level of the technical recommendations and notifications to customer (audits).
- Execute global RDS tool project tracking and supervise local RDCs projects.
- Lead Change Requests (Change Control Board) using Engineering processes and implement agreed changes.
- Participate as required in Product Line Technology Reviews to provide RDS feedback for product improvement.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A genuine passion for data driven services, using data to drive better service.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and ideally will have worked in a remote diagnostics discipline.
- Diversified skills in Engineering processes, process integration, as well as IT systems and architecture.
- Experience in multiple Engineering environments including: Design Engineering, Controls Engineering, Assembly and Test, Installation & Commissioning, Performance Engineering, Support Engineering, Technical Helpdesk, Remote Diagnostic Services.
- Experience of high value equipment within an aerospace, manufacturing, marine or energy industry. You will have good overall product and service knowledge with the ability to manage across diverse teams / solutions.
- Must be customer focused and be able to demonstrate leadership, trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills / decision making in a high pressure environment.
- Appreciation of Siemens international Customer base, their respective cultural diversity and an ability to communicate in more than one language would be a distinct advantage.
- Be analytical. Open & Inclusive. Pragmatic. Big-picture thinker.
- Have strong lobbying & negotiation skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential demonstrating the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, along with commercial appreciation.
- Initiative and be a flexible self-starter, working with minimal direction.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world's leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959364509