£20 - £40,000 Basic (DOE) plus performance and profit based bonus package ( Quarterly pay increase )
Our client is a small and friendly accountancy firm currently undergoing a significant growth phase. Specialising in a client base consisting of small to medium sized businesses across the North west and Greater Manchester, and are looking for an Accountant to join the team with a view to building their career under the support and guidance of the company management.
- To process a number of sets of books from start to finish to gauge your abilities and the way you compile working papers where appropriate.
- Progress onto reviewing work completed by the apprentices and processors compiling annual accounts for small businesses.
- Generate a tax calculation from these accounts and present all these to Director one day a week for discussing/signing off.
- Contacting the client to arrange initial collection or drop off the books, this may involve a meeting between yourself and the client.
- Contact the client to discuss final queries ready to finalise the accounts.
- Eventually take over a significant but manageable number of clients that you would be personally responsible for. This could include new or existing clients.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in dealing with clients, face to face, at their premises or in the office, or over the phone.
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts from start to finish using various software.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word is essential.
- Experience of VAT, management accounting and payroll as all these will be required for finalising accounts.
- Full and valid driving license and own transport essential.
- In depth understanding of payroll, auto enrolment, VAT and “Making Tax Digital”.
- Some experience with Microsoft Access and various online software such as QuickBooks and Xero would be preferable.
- Qualified or working towards AAT / ACCA.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.