We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join our fast growing and highly successful Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) Division here at TGW Northern Europe.
Our WCS Division is responsible for the implementation and support of the Warehouse Control System (TGW Commander) for TGW?s clients. Our teams work across the full project life-cycle which covers pre-sales, solutions design, technical development, testing, implementation, documentation and post go-live support (including enhancements and upgrades).
You will join the Software Development Team within WCS and will be responsible for the design, modification, development, writing and implementation of WCS applications and components to our clients across Northern Europe. You will support and/or install software applications and components, utilising written specifications and pre-established guidelines. In addition, you will collaborate with the wider testing, project management and integration teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Implement new and extend existing features in the TGW Warehouse Control System and Transport Services application stack
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing action plans and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- You will have the opportunity to investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Implement and install TGW software on client sites
- Develop and test production level code within required timeframes
- Unit test all code to maintain code integrity
- Work as part of the project team on customer projects, ensuring delivery dates are achieved and discuss delivery and testing for implementation
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong C# Skills
- Experience of SQL Development (PL/SQL or T-SQL) development
- Knowledge of/experience with Oracle databases (11g preferred).
- Good understanding of Unit Testing
- Excellent Communications skills with previous experience of working in a client facing environment
- Good time/task management
- Ability to travel regularly throughout UK and Europe
- Previous experience working within an automated Logistics/Supply Chain environment.
- Entity Framework experience
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366506