A vacancy has arisen within the Legal Services team for a Legal Officer who will be responsible for investigating claims and resolving them in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The position requires a person who can take a pragmatic approach when evaluating claims. You will be expected to investigate claims that are allocated to you as well as being required to attend court In England & Wales to present the company’s claim/defence and to examine and cross-examine witnesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career by broadening your knowledge and skills within an in house legal team.
- Receive allocated files and undertake an investigation sufficient to assess what liability the Company has and decide whether to defend, settle, compromise or discontinue the claim
- Ensure that all Orders/Directions/Deadlines of the Court are completed within the applicable time scales
- Prepare each claim that is to proceed to a Court hearing with attention to detail and ensuring that all relevant documents and information are available and have been filed at court and provided to the other party
- Represent the company at Court within England and Wales, presenting the Company's Claim/Defence
- Settle Judgements/Cost Orders promptly and ensure where applicable enforcement proceedings are commenced
- Work proactively to reduce customer complaints and litigation by providing accurate advice to the Contact Centre, Service Division and Branches
- Keep up to date with the civil procedure rules and developments in law through all sources available to enable the making of informed decisions
You will have:
- Knowledge of Consumer Law
- Experience of applying consumer law in a retail environment
- Ability to make strategic decisions within litigation
- Attention to detail and methodical approach balanced with a pragmatic outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presenting cases and professional letter writing
- Drivers licence
- Law degree or equivalent experience - desirable
- Experience of court work and civil procedure – desirable but not essential
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77281986