Senior Financial Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing UK Finance Function Team here at Dixons Carphone!
This role will be responsible for reviewing and providing accurate regular / ad-hoc analysis for CWS clients enabling the commercial and operational teams to make strategic decisions and meet external reporting commitments. Connected World Services (CWS) is a business which aims to leverage the specialist skills, operating processes and technology of the Dixons Carphone business to provide services to third parties looking to develop their own solutions.
- Manage shared services resources based in Bruno ensuring they adhere to deadlines and produce high quality outputs
- Review weekly and monthly insurance severity calculations and produce insightful analysis on any variances
- Take ownership of monthly insurance bordereau calculations and invoicing
- Produce monthly client pricing pack and obtain relevant sign off from stakeholders
- Own monthly client rebate reconciliation and investigate any margin erosion
- Update monthly repairs grading matrix within finance and POS applications
- Complete monthly stock reconciliations and investigate any variances
- Complete FCA and other insurance related government returns
- Business partner with sourcing team to ensure we maximise sourcing opportunities and recovery rates
- Work with commercial teams on forecasting severity, claims volumes and other metrics/KPI’s, as required
- Budgeted and forecasting
- Be first point of contact for all internal and client related queries
- Support internal and external audit process
- Assisting with any User Acceptance Testing associated with adding clients or developing reporting systems
- Manage various ad hoc requests from clients or internal stakeholders
- Continuously challenge the ways of working and actively identify areas of where change can improve the performance within Finance and in the way Finance serves others in the company
You will have :
- Strong academics and be a Part / Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), preferably with experience gained within an Insurance Business
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail to ensure line level accuracy
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to proactively challenge the assumptions inherent in financial data presented in order to make an appropriate judgement as to its validity
- Ability to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures and appropriate internal control
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77272097