Manufacturing sector - SME business - interim Project Accountant with proven management accounting and project experience, strong systems and excel skills and solid communication, technology, organisational and analytical abilities to help to improve management information and cost control.
The Interim Project Accountant will perform a range of essential duties such as monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances and submitting variance reports, authorising project accounts and compiling information for auditors as required.
The primary objective of the role is to ensure that the company is costing and billing products and contracts accurately and profitably, and that management are provided with information that enables good commercial decision-making in respect of these areas.
Areas of Responsibilities
- a. Oversee accuracy of standing data on the costing system
- b. Provide backup to the Director on the costing of products and large contracts
- c. Continually review cost allocation and absorption methodology
- d. Ensure accurate analysis of purchase invoices
Capital justification - prepare justifications for large scale asset purchases
Client invoicing - billing is complex, therefore prepare invoices for approval, and in particular liaise with client manager and the Director to ensure optimal billing for large and complex projects
Assist with monthly management accounts with specific emphasis on:
- a. revised client billing / income forecasts
- b. analysis of cost absorption variances
- c. analysis of client / project profitability
Support the Financial Director in the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts.
Identify areas where procedural improvements could benefit the company.
Carry out ad hoc analysis, reporting and investigation as and when required.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in this capacity within manufacturing or industrial organisations and:
- Either a qualified Accountant or experienced QBE - or hold a finance degree and/or working towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA).
- Be IT literate and have experience using production systems.
- Strong MS office skills, including advance/intermediate Excel.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build strong cross departmental relationships to help embed our business partnering processes.
In return, you will be paid a competitive contract salary, with good benefits in a challenging but supportive and progressive environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77214164