Project Manger - IT Transformation / Retail
Project Manager – IT Transformation / Retail
The Project Manager will come in to deliver a number of projects associated to Technology Change to support the on-going development of new products and services to support the Dixons Carphone strategic agenda. This role centres on the delivery of a project, and the day to day management of the system integrators responsible for delivering parts of the overall solution.
- Planning and designing the project and proactively monitoring its progress, reassessment of priorities, resolving resource conflicts, and facilitating the agreement of additions, deletions or modifications to scope.
- Ensuring the project implements capabilities which meet the strategic needs and measurably improve levels of performance.
- Pro-actively manage communications with key stakeholders.
- Managing the project’s budget to ensure business benefits are achieved in a cost efficient manner.
- Providing very strong leadership to the project team (in-house and 3rd party) and actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained.
- Supporting and adhering to an effective project governance structure within their project.
- Managing the performance of the project team, internal and external suppliers.
- Ensures that realistic and accurate estimates of costs, timescales, quality and resource requirements are agreed and proactively manage any deviations through to project closure.
You will need:
- Expert knowledge of relevant project management methodologies, development life cycles etc.
- Expert knowledge of financial forecasting and budget management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of programme and project organisation structures and the ability to build teams who are set up for success.
- Good knowledge of resource tools and techniques when working with multiple third parties.
- Good knowledge of influencing techniques.
- Experience of delivering Technology Projects in Retail and/or
- Strong skills in operating in a project manager / delivery role
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77260009