My client is looking for an experienced Category Manager to join their team. You be managing the sourcing process through Category Management to satisfy business needs whilst maximising the value delivered from the supply base. You will support the procurement function in the delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy, providing commercial procurement category management for the company?s expenditure with external suppliers. You will be joining a well-established company that can offer long term development and progression.
- Determine the category strategy and a rolling programme of areas to be addressed within the procurement category.
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and implementation of the procurement category strategy with the Head of Purchasing, Procurement Director and internal stakeholders. Mentor and develop direct repartees where required and to ensure objectives are achieved
- Develop, seek approval of, implement and systematically review a supplier development plan for own portfolio of product categories to deliver agreed business objectives.
- Negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure the service, quality, total cost, security of supply and the deployment of the supplier?s capabilities in innovation are secured.
Skills and experience:
- It is essential that you experience introducing and implementing procurement and supply chain strategies.
- You will have excellent communication skills with experience manging suppliers and customer relationships
- You will have an ability to derive total acquisition cost, total cost of ownership and end to end supply chain and customer impacts
Experience working within manufacturing/Engineering would be desirable but not essential.
£37,000 - £48,000 plus excellent benefits.
If you are a proactive individual looking for a chance to autonomously implement change and strategy please apply for further information on this fantastic opportunity on company.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959363907