Governance Conduct & Control Analyst
Governance Conduct & Control Analyst
As a Barclays Governance Conduct and Control Analyst based in Leeds or Coventry, you will be the point of contact within the first line of defence for Barclays UK (BUK) Mortgages, in matters relating to risk identification, assessment and control. You will have the opportunity to work with the business to develop and maintain adequate risk and control documentation, ensuring the risk profile and culture of the business is maintained in line with policy. You will develop your governance, risk and controls skills through working with multiple Business areas across Mortgages, while engaging with senior leadership stakeholders.
The Mortgages Control Office is a dynamic area of our business which has involvement in a wide range projects and varied work streams. With nearly 40,000 employees globally, Barclays is a place where you can work alongside some fantastic people, develop your skills and succeed in your career. We hire and develop only the best people in the industry, and our long-term ambitions can only be achieved through close colleague collaboration and a shared sense of respect, integrity and excellence. You'll thrive here if you prefer the best way, not the conventional way. You'll also feel at home if you like being in control of your own progression. We'll judge you on your ability and nothing else.
As a Governance Conduct and Control Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Acting as the main point of contact within the first line of defence for Barclays UK (BUK) Mortgages, in matters relating to risk identification, assessment and control
* Working with the business to develop and maintain adequate risk and control documentation, to ensure the risk profile and culture of the business is maintained in line with policy
* Ensuring adherence to relevant Barclays UK risk methodology and policy through performing independent control assurance activities as part of annual reviews and attestations
* Working under the guidance of the Governance, Conduct and Control Manager, with stakeholders to embed the ownership of regulatory, audit and issues under management action plans within the business
As a Governance Conduct and Control Analyst, your skills and qualifications will include:
* The ability to reach out to multiple stakeholders in different business functions to gain full insight and understanding
* Knowledge of control frameworks, risk assessment, enterprise risk management framework (ERMF), conduct risk and audit methodologies
* Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
* Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals and teams ranging from front-line staff to management level
* The ability to analyse complex information and identify key trends
* Experience in and knowledge of mortgage products
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.