ICT Technician position available at School in Gloucestershire - January start
Your new company
Your new role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic team player as IT Technician. With one of the biggest networks in Gloucestershire schools, this role is focused on providing 2nd line support and further developing the schools extensive IT resources.
The right candidate must have school based IT Technician experience previously. The ability to provide support and take instruction, installing new software and setting up new hardware. Responding to general IT queries and issues. User management including log in details, relevant IT qualifications and a proactive and organised nature overall.
- Provide on-site 1st and 2nd line technical support to our Primary Schools
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all aspects of IT Services support
- Take ownership of problems and be proactive in dealing with customer issues
- Respond to enquiries from customers and help them to resolve hardware or software problems
- Install new or replacement hardware as necessary
- Install/run cables from computers to interactive boards/speakers etc.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of large, single site networks is essential, alongside a comprehensive knowledge of Windows 7 and 10. Knowledge of Apple OSX, Chrome OS, Cisco networking products, Hyper-V and Server 2012 R2/2016 is also desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return you will earn £8 - £10 per hour, and will benefit from working within a vibrant, friendly school environment. You will have the continual support of your Hays consultant and will accumulate holiday pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77204860