Software Engineer WITH BOTH LINUX & WINDOWS
We are looking for talented software engineers to work from our Systems Engineering facility in Welshpool, Powys.
Software Engineer Role
The successful candidates will become key members of the Software Engineering Department delivering software solutions for a number of projects, products and allied services within the wider Systems Engineering Team.
The job encompasses aiding the bidding process; designing, specifying, implementing and testing software; assisting system testing and customer acceptance and then provide support for systems used in the International Defence and Industrial market sectors.
Work is within the context of a multi-disciplinary engineering team delivering complete solutions to the customer who may have specific Legislative, accreditation, security, safety, interface and maintainability requirements.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Electronics, Software or Computer Science subject.
- Membership of a Professional Body, such as the BCS or IET.
- At least 2 years experience since graduation working on Engineering projects OR demonstrable knowledge or skills beyond that of a recent graduate.
- Must meet UK MoD security vetting criteria.
- Ability to work in the UK with no restrictions.
- Ability to be flexible and work outside core hours on occasion.
- Occasional travel to other Exsel Dytecna and customer sites.
- Participate in the personal performance review process, identifying development areas and strengths as part of continuous professional development.
Skills and experience
- Ability to design and develop both non-OO solutions implemented in C and OO solutions implemented in C++ on embedded Linux.
- Fluency in C and C++ with gcc/g++ and familiarity of cross-compilation and Make.
- Ability to design and develop OO solutions for implementation in C# and/or Java and C++ on desktop computers.
- Fluency in C# with .Net on Windows or Java with JVM.
- Experience of implementing software for TCP/IP socket communications.
- Good Software Configuration Management and Issue Management experience.
- At least 2 years commercial programming experience however candidates with a very strong academic bias towards these ?Must Have? skills will also be considered.
- Modelling with UML (ideally SysML with Enterprise Architect).
- Expertise with MS Visual Studio 2010 or above.
- Knowledge of the Eclipse IDE preferably Mars or later.
- Experience of software/hardware system integration and test.
- Cryptography: Windows bCrypt/nCrypt libraries or OpenSSL under Linux.
- Working knowledge of Wireshark.
- XML and ASN.1.
- CANbus knowledge and experience.
- A good understanding of both Waterfall and Agile development approaches.
- Software test and Coding Standard compliance experience.
- MS Visual Studio 2010 or above.
- Windows desktop or Windows Server application development knowledge.
- Python or Perl.
- SQL/Database experience.
- Web application development experience.
Exsel Dytecna is an independent engineering solutions and services group developing mechanical, electrical and electronic hardware where ruggedisation in extreme physical, electronic and climatic environments are key requirements.
The Exsel Dytecna Systems Engineering facility at Welshpool, Powys, UK is the group centre of excellence for design and testing of software and electronic systems and offers proven expertise where security, reliability, safety and protection are paramount.
The Welshpool Engineering Team use the Systems Engineering methodology to develop bespoke electronics equipment and embedded software for a number of customer projects and a specialised product range. Encompassing all stages of development from requirements capture, through specification, design and implementation to manufacture, test and certification, Exsel Dytecna provides customers with a low risk high quality approach to engineering.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959344924