SEND TA job in Hounslow
SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) job in Hounslow - Start 30th October 2017
Contract Type: Long Term Job
Salary: Outer London Main Pay Scale
Your new job:
In your new TA job you will assist the delivery of high quality lesson content, which will keep students engaged and motivated to create the best possible learning environment. You will be responsible for providing 1:1 and small group support in KS1 located within Special School and you will work alongside two other experienced TAs and an SEND Teacher. The pupils of this specific class have SpLD and The school is located within a short walk from a London Underground station and also has nearby bus links to areas of West London.
Majority of pupils in your class are also supported by a qualified Speech and Language Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist, who has implemented guidelines that should be incorporated into the lesson plans. The curriculum and classes are tailored to the ability each pupil. The key criteria for the school is teaching with happiness and enthusiasm, as well as managing the classroom effectively.
In return, you will receive a supportive and nurturing workplace, with access to new state of the art resources as well as opportunities for career progression and continuous training. You will be working alongside other like-minded individuals and report into the Deputy Headteacher.
Ideal qualities for this position include:
* Available to work 5 days per week and can commit long term
* Recent child based experience
* Familiar with KS1/KS2 national curriculum within an SEND setting
* To be motivated and passionate with strong pupil management skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience using Makaton, PECS, Visual Aids would be an advantage (not essential)
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Competitive rates of pay in line with experience and qualifications/training
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to apply:
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Nicholas Louch on 0207 259 8770 or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77197150