Java Software Developer
Java Software Developer
As a Java Software Engineer, your skills are some of the most sought after in the technology industry. If you are thinking about a new role, it needs to be exciting, engaging, varied, rewarding, in an environment that really allows you to shine. This opportunity offers all those things. You will be an integral part of a rapidly growing software development team, working with a diverse range of technologies across multiple business domains and project environments. This is a ?grown-up? environment, where you will be in control of your career, and will have the chance to make significant contributions to the technical direction of the team.
Java Software Developer: About the Role
This is a varied, project driven, delivery focused environment, in which no two engagements are the same. Your role will encompass project delivery, with day-to-day responsibility for the technical aspects of a project. You will be responsible for hands-on software engineering, including the construction and testing of software components to a high standard. You will be responsible for analysis and design, producing well designed software to meet client requirements. This is a client facing role, and you will have the opportunity to deliver a wide range of solutions to clients across a broad range of industries. You will act as a subject matter expert, liaising directly with clients to deliver rapid and responsive solutions. You will use your expertise to deliver creative, innovative, high quality results, and will play a key role in helping clients to overcome business challenges.
Java Software Developer: Key Skills and Background
- Strong commercial experience of software development using Java, as well as the desire and ability to learn new technologies and languages
- A passion for programming and experience of working within a test driven development environment
- Experience of automated testing including unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Strong Object Oriented skills
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and scripting
- Use of source code version control using tools such as Git, Subversion or Mercurial
- Good database knowledge (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience of web / app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP &/or Kanban)
Java Software Developer: What?s in it for you!
This is a great opportunity within a fantastic company ? a ?grown-up? environment in which hard work is rewarded. There are unlimited opportunities for career progression, and a fantastic salary and benefits package, which I am more than happy to discuss further if you wish to give me a call *************** Alternatively please click the ?apply? button and your CV will be sent directly to me, Becky Kearns.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959351053