Senior Cisco Engineer / Unified Communications Engineer (18 Months)
The Senior Technology Engineer, Communications Systems will be a member of the Network Engineering team and is accountable as the lead engineer for implementing, supporting and maintaining the communications suite portfolio of products and for providing best in class support and service delivery across all worldwide sites and locations.
The appointed person will run a large project independently as there is no current team in UK. You will be working on a CISCO unified communications project and you will have worked on voice CCI?s or CCIE projects and Cisco networking systems LAN and WAN. This technical role will be covering a large enterprise and we are seeking appliacnts with experience running entire project by themselves and have no issues working in a standalone role.
The communications suite portfolio of products includes Cisco IP telephony (Call Manager, voicemail, contact center), Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, video conferencing infrastructure and units, cloud based communications and collaboration tools, streaming media services, efax system, and web and audio conferencing services. The Senior Technology Engineer, Communications Systems provides oversight for implementation, maintenance and operations of these tools in a high regulatory and compliance environment.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
This role will be accountable for, but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
- Communications Systems Management and Operations
- Responsible for providing the ongoing maintenance and operations for communications platforms and tools and maintaining these systems in a supportable, healthy state.
- Responsible for performing periodic reviews on systems per system documentation and that systems remain in a compliant state as needed.
- Responsible for providing support for communications platforms and tools and providing documentation and guidance to tier 1 and tier 2 support teams.
- Communications Systems Projects
- Works with Network Services Management Team, Solutions Architects, project managers, and end users on communications related projects. Ensure that projects results in highly reliable and supportable systems and tools.
- Contribute to high-level project test approaches, methodologies and technology strategy roadmaps in the area of communications platforms and tools.
- Works with Network Engineering Manager and IT Director to develop and monitor progress on communications systems against IT and Business strategy.
- Works on specific projects under direction from management and in conjunction with technology roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally as a key contributor to the overall success of a global dynamic IT function to effectively guide projects from concept to deployment.
- Network Engineering Collaboration
- Serves in a key role of the extended Network Services team to assist in critical incident response, direction setting, project participation and oversight, and overall network operations.
- Works closely with Network Architects and Engineers to define product solutions and implement new solutions compute infrastructure.
Required Skills & Job Qualifications
- Prior experience in a network engineering position, with 8+ VoIP and 5+ years with Cisco IP telephony experience, providing both implementation and operational support
- Possesses experience in implementing established solutions to support the effective operations of an element(s) of the infrastructure
- Technical expertise in voice over IP, telephony, QoS, network routers, voice gateways, SIP trunks
- Technical project management
- Experience with a variety of IT infrastructure and voice and video systems such as Windows Servers, Cisco IP telephony, Microsoft Lync, video conference infrastructure, telecom services (PRI, SIP Trunks, etc), and Cisco router and switches.
- Knowledge and understanding of establishing/improving/maintaining operational procedures and processes for IT Infrastructure.
- Experience working with a managed service provider
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959342418