Assistant Shop Manager
Assistant Shop Manager
22.5 hours per week including some Saturdays
We are dedicated to providing specialist palliative care and support to adult patients and their family, friends and carers
The Assistant Shop Manager is responsible for supporting the Shop Manager with the effective operation of the shop including its financial and day to day running.
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing the day to day running of the shop alongside or in the absence of the Shop Manager - opening and closing at agreed times, ensuring adequate cover by co-ordinating and updating the staff rota, completing end of day till balance and banking and supervising the receipt and sorting of donations
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff and volunteers. To include Trading Standards and Health & Safety.
- Maintaining high standards of customer service & shop administration.
- To propose action to the Shop Manager for improvements in operations.
- To provide cover for Shop Managers from time to time in other stores.
- To ensure all shop equipment is kept in good working order
- To act as key holder within procedural guidelines.
- To work with the Shop Manager to effectively recruit, co-ordinate, train and supervise volunteers and to ensure all volunteers maintain a high standard of customer care and adequate cover for the shop at all times
- Assisting Shop Manager with Business Development and financial targets
You should have a basic level of education and ideally a business or retail management qualification. Previous experience in a supervisory role, ideally with volunteers, plus an understanding of Health & Safety and Trading Standards, are requirements of the job. Excellent communications skills are vital in this job, as are interpersonal skills. Knowledge of the merchandise the shop offers is also essential. Attention to personal appearance and professionalism is important as managers are expected to look smart and presentable as they are representing the charity to the public. Additional requirements include;
- Being able to effectively lead teams and mentor volunteers
- Being organised, proactive and enthusiastic, even under pressure
- Being able to manage stressful situations and to maximise customer satisfaction
- Being professional, amenable and approachable at all times
- Being flexible, focused and motivated
- Being able to communicate effectively
- Being able to work with numeric data and statistics and use a computer
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77199669