Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 p.a depending on qualifications & experience
Authentic Recruitment is proud to be supporting the recruitment of a Finance Manager for a fantastic business based in the Greater Manchester area.
As my client’s Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary and year-end accounts, including liaison with the external accountants.
You will prepare annual budgets and then report on actuals compared to budgets and advise on actions to be taken.
You will also be responsible for monthly payroll calculations and submissions to HMRC, the preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and prepare cash flow forecasts and business plans while report back on actual figures against forecasts.
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the finance department and overseeing all areas (sales, purchase, bank etc).
- Each month, work with the finance team to prepare balance sheet reconciliations and to complete the monthly management accounts plus a commentary for review by the Head of Finance.
- Manage the quarterly VAT return preparation and submission to HMRC.
- To prepare annual budgets and then report on actuals compared to budgets and advise on actions to be taken.
- Review existing financial procedures and policies and revise or create new financial procedures and policies as required.
- Lead, develop and appraise the finance team, encouraging them to develop to their full potential.
- Manage the payroll process including the required payroll submissions to HMRC and dealing with all payroll related queries.
- Work with the finance team to complete all necessary reconciliations and to prepare the year-end accounts.
- Liaise with the external accountants who produce the statutory accounts and respond to their queries.
So, what skills will you need to succeed?
- Part or fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- 5 year’s experience of working in the finance sector.
- 3 years’ experience of managing people and developing a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A confident and determined approach.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
If so, apply now!
If you feel you need more information, please feel free to ring Jamie at Authentic Recruitment.
Authentic Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Authentic Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.