Vida Homeloans, the trading style of Belmont Green Finance Ltd, are challenging traditional ways of thinking in the mortgage industry. If you are looking for a career within a fun and energetic company, who embrace diversity and are value led, Vida Homeloans are looking for an Underwriter to put their mandated skills and experience into action.
Why join us?
You?re someone who wants to work for a new, fast-growing business that wants to change the face of the UK mortgage market.
You will be responsible for assessing and approving individual cases and will have the opportunity to build upon your mandate.
Working within the New Lending Team to ensure effective processing of all mortgage applications, enhancing our service throughout the customer journey, by developing successful relationship with brokers and advisors, and by identifying and implementing operational efficiencies processes to improve our service. Ensuring all financial, quality, regulatory, responsible lending and service requirements are maintained.
* Underwrite and decision mortgage applications ensuring you deliver exceptional customer service, whilst complying with all regulatory and conduct risk in adherence to lending policy
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of our products and policies, and assist in implementing changes in line with our risk appetite
* Maintain skills and knowledge of Regulations and Legislation responsibilities
* Support continued improvement of the originations system, processes and procedures
* Consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exists
* Deliver operational effectiveness within the business area, achieving targets and objectives set by the business
* Interaction with both internal and external customers on mortgage lending decisions. Deliver a unified approach of clear explanation and robust documentation rational on recommended lending decisions and the need for sharing detailed information to support a positive customer experience even in a decline situation
* Ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to appropriate departments as and when appropriate delivery of any changes to the system or processes
* Ensure responsibilities regarding Treating Customers Fairly, the Prevention of Financial Crime (including AML, identification and reporting of fraud) and responsible lending are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company?s policies
* Grow knowledge of mortgage product and bespoke underwriting capability with an emphasis on understanding all our products and criteria
* Ability to manage and organise own caseload in line with the priorities of the business
* Build successful relationships across the business especially within the Credit and Sales functions
* On occasion be a representative of the business at third party locations All decisions will need to be made within regulatory standards, aligned with business needs and deliver to the lending risk strategy
* Supporting the change environment including the testing lifecycle and system development
Knowledge and Experience:
* Extensive experience of mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products, marketing approach and processes
* Manual residential/BTL mortgage underwriting experience and held a lending mandate recently
* Regulation / Legislation Awareness - Knowledge of the Regulated Financial Services environment
* Demonstrable understanding of TCF, responsible lending and regulatory knowledge
* CeMap qualified or industry equivalent ? desirable but not essential
* Able to demonstrate a proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player
* Proficient in MS Office, credit risk decision systems
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959344768