Design Engineer (Marine - Engines & Generators) - Wimborne
Are you a Design Engineer with experience in the marine industry??
Do you have a real passion for marine power technology??
A new opportunity has become available for a Fortune 100 company with a reputation for delivering high quality products through an unrivalled global network.
The Design Engineer opportunity offers £35,000 to £45,000 per year with benefits.
The role is based in Wimborne, Dorset where relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
You will have an opportunity to direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects that deliver superior performance, durability, and quality. You will be responsible for developing new marine engine and generator set products ranging from the C1.5 through the C7.1 model series diesel engines, as well as the engineering maintenance of existing products.
Marine and technical training opportunities are available. Continual on-the-job learning includes exposure to the marine industry, broadening your personal network, and attendance at marine trade shows.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bsc in Engineering, Computer, Science, or Materials Science with job relevant experience
- Equivalent experience in a Design Engineer role showing complex engineering and manufacturability concepts
- Significant previous experience in a Design Engineering role
- High level of proficiency in Pro/E or other modelling or simulation tools
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and strong problem solving and management techniques
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills
- Experienced with principles of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Basic knowledge of computer aided simulation methods, such as FEA, CFD, and modal analysis
- Experience of designing Diesel Engines and/or Generators
- Marine industry background
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959360001