IT Technician Apprentice
You'll be working for a modern, growing organisation situated in the centre of Harrogate. This exciting apprenticeship role would suit someone looking to start or continue building a career in IT. You would be supporting end users with IT incidents and service requests while being exposed to a range of new technologies. You will be supported by a team of eight experienced IT staff who will help you develop your skills and become the best you can be.
This is an apprenticeship position, which means you will receive up to £18,000 worth of training and current industry recognised qualifications. In addition, you'll be paid while you train.
This exciting role would suit someone looking to start or continue building a career in IT. To be considered for this position, you'll need to demonstrate a basic understanding of IT software/hardware, a keen interest in IT and have an aptitude for and willingness to learn new skills.
This apprenticeship could lead to internal progression, moving into an IT Technician role with an initial salary band of 17k-22k and possibly even further.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Providing 1st line hardware & software support to end users
- Supporting all company desktops, Laptops, thin clients and printers
- Escalating issues to IT Technicians or 3rd party suppliers where necessary
- Managing and maintaining all internal AV equipment, including the setting up of all meeting room equipment for client and internal meetings
- Software deployment and support
- Mobile phone hardware and software support
- IT Administration (Backup management, reports, document updates, routine systems checks)
- IT asset management (incl. hardware, software and software licensing)
- Testing and evaluating new technology
Qualities / essential requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Assertiveness and confidence
- Enthusiastic and quick learner
- Broad minded and open to being exposed to new technologies
- A keen interest in IT and how systems work
- Presentable and professional at all times
Essential Technical Skills
- Basic level of IT hardware maintenance and repair skills
- A basic technical understanding of Apple & Android mobile technology
- A basic understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
37 hours per week
At NCI, our employees are our most important attribute and our most valued resource. Without each employee and their individual contribution, we would not be able to work towards, and achieve our company goals. We therefore want to reward each of our employees with an attractive benefits package, and we are pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Departmental Bonuses/Rewards
- Extra Holiday Entitlement
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Discounts at (some of) your Favourite High Street Stores
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357609