We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic IT Technician to assist teachers, support staff and pupils in bringing technology to the fore. The use of technology is fully embraced and embedded across the curriculum from the early years through to Year 8 and there is an enduring commitment to invest in technology and training to meet the School's aims and business needs.
Some of your duties and responsibilities as IT Technician
You will be required to assist with the running of the School's computer network on a day-to-day basis under the supervision of the IT Network Manager including laptops, classroom and office PC's, iMacs, iPads, printers, photocopier interactive whiteboards, projectors, Apple TV and Other devices. You will be required to over see Technical support, and maintenance which will include:
- Provide first line fault finding for all laptops, computers, mobile devices and peripheral devices
- Perform routine maintenance of all laptops, computers, iPads, peripheral devices and AV equipment, and other devices
- Assist with the set-up and configuration of new hardware and software
- Support academic staff with the uploading and maintenance of content to their curriculum intranet pages
- Update laptops, computers and devices with software or application refreshes as necessary
- Attend specialist training where appropriate
- Undertake other appropriate work as delegated by the IT Network Manager
Your Person Specification for this IT Technician role
The IT Technician will work closely with the IT Network Manager in order to provide a seamless IT support service to the pupils and staff, both academic and administrative.
Your Qualifications & Training
- The candidate will preferably hold or be working towards a relevant IT qualification or professional accreditation.
- English and Maths GCSE - minimum Grade C (Grade 4) or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- The successful IT Technician will be required to complete child protection training online (arranged by the school) before they commence the role, where they have not already received training in the past two years.
Above all you must be technically proficient and be able to demonstrate working knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- MS Windows 2010 and Windows 7
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Cloud-based services including Office 365 and SharePoint
- Apple technologies including iMac and iPad
- Software installation
- Basic Troubleshooting skills
Salary & Benefits
- Pay Scale up to £12.50 per hour depending on skills/experience
- Working Time: 25 hours per week (8.30am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday) 38 weeks per year (term-time plus 2 weeks)
- 24 weeks plus one day paid statutory holiday (to be taken during school holidays)
- Apprenticeship Available
- Membership of Group Life Pension after 3 months - 5% employer contribution subject to 3% personal contribution
- Death in Service Benefit - 2 x annual Salary
- Personal Accident Cover
- Complimentary lunches are car parking
Should you wish to apply for the role of IT Technician, click apply now and we'll send you the full job specification and application form.
Advertising Posted by Recruit Zone global flat fee services
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959361409