Apprentice Property Developer / Finder
Our client is a small yet successful team of Residential Property Developers who work on a buy to sell basis. They look to increase the capital value of a property through renovation and modernisation.
To support their continued growth, we are recruiting for an Apprentice Property Developer who will appreciate this exciting and rare opportunity. This is a new and varied role within the company, working closely alongside a successful and experienced property developer.
The role will be varied and therefore the assistant developer will be required to take on an array of different tasks including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the day to day running of the business
- Pricing up jobs and organising trades
- Basic construction work including: demolition, landscape gardening, tiling, basic joinery, Painting & Decoration
- Assisting and working alongside trades including; bricklayers, plasterers, Joiners, Electricians, Plumbers
- Some elements of interior design
- Organising property valuations
- Attending auctions, viewings & valuations, dealing with Private tenders
- Identifying an attractive development opportunity.
- Working with lawyers, Estate agents and other professionals to draft contracts.
- Assembling development teams including architects, engineers, marketers, agents, builders etc.
- Project managing the development and overseeing any construction work to make sure it is delivered to deadlines.
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are satisfied.
- Negotiating prices for the purchase and sale of land
- Assisting in the marketing of the development.
- Managing the property including organising day-to-day repairs or security, negotiating leases and contracts
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to deadlines
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Range of practical skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work on a range of different projects.
- An ability to work and function in high pressure environments.
- Excellent project management skills including an ability to evaluate a variety of factors.
- A basic knowledge of costs and the ability to monitor and control expense.
- A willingness to work long hours, both in the office and on-site.
- An entrepreneurial flair.
Our client endeavours to carry out as much practical trade as possible therefore a good understanding of the construction and development process as a whole is desirable.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am ? 5.30pm
Due to the nature of the role, you are likely to spend considerable time working on and finalising a project. This can be a highly stressful job and you will spend considerable time on-site, meeting with contractors and clients, investors and suppliers. As with any work involving construction, health and safety considerations need to be taken into account. There may be significant structural work involved and you may have to organise for contractors and employees to have appropriate protective equipment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959356938