Hardware Project Manager
The Media Processing Group (MPG) produces graphics hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, Display and Video IP and our Mali? Graphics Processor is the world?s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for existing and new markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
At MPG you will work with the world?s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP and alongside the best engineers in the world.
We work in small teams, so your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of graphics.
If the challenge of working on our cutting-edge graphics technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
This role is for an experienced Hardware Project Manager who will work with the hardware and software engineering teams to ensure good quality, on-spec, and on-time delivery of products. The specific responsibilities include project definition, planning, scheduling and execution against committed milestones.
A proven track record in project management across all aspects of the development lifecycle is required, with particular experience in managing multi-year development projects, managing schedules and features over an extended time-period.
This role will be based at ARM?s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, as ARM?s largest engineering centre, you will be surrounded by world-leading experts and will have the opportunity to work with some of the very best people in the industry.
Education & Qualifications
Educated to degree level or equivalent, in Engineering, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant Project Management experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in project management using leading methodologies and processes
- A proven track record in managing and successful delivery of hardware/software projects, ideally from project initiation phase until the product delivery
- Demonstrated ability in building plans from a high level to a detailed schedule.
- The ability to track monitor and control project activity across multiple locations and disciplines
- Understanding of planning, scheduling, risk management, and resource allocation
- Experience of hardware development flows, processes and practices
- Proven leadership skills, including managing and motivating people locally and globally
- Excellent communication and networking skills to interact with peers, senior management, project stakeholders, and customers
- Pro-active, self-motivated, able to accept new challenges
- Professional attitude, strong attention to detail, process oriented and organised.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experienced user of project planning tools
- Experience with development and delivery of projects
- Familiar with hardware and software design methodologies
- Experience liaising with customers, partners and remote development teams
- Formal project management qualification (e.g PMP, Prince2)
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM?s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension
- Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world?s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959359907