Senior Accounts Supervisor
Senior Accounts Supervisor
Our client are a growing firm of accountants with offices in and around London. As a firm they believe in putting the team and clients first.
Your role will be to review work from a mixed portfolio and deal with accounts queries. Enabling the director to focus on developing the practice and providing a consultative service to existing clients.
- Assisting the Directors and manager with planning meetings and workflow
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio including OMBs, construction, entertainment, retail etc.
- Review of a wide range of accounts ? Limited, sole trader, partnership, LLP?s etc. Identifying and making adjustments where necessary
- Manage audits (T/O up to £20million) including planning, completion of audit work and monitoring the work of junior audit team members and completing the file for engagement director review.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Providing a management accounts service to clients to include forecasting and budgeting
- Finalising accounts under the overall control of the directors
- Supporting the team with more complex accounts work e.g. intercompany transactions, FRS102 etc
- Management, review and preparation of personal tax returns
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings on a regular basis
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close-knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 3 - 5 Years + within a practice environment
- Experience to include supervising a small team, mentoring junior team members and having responsibility for managing a portfolio
- Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required
- Experience of preparing management accounts (to include forecasting and budgeting)
- Must possess a client focused attitude and have proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with client.
- Experience of working with a variety of clients
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve more complex accounting queries.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Xero, SAGE, IRIS, QuickBooks and FreeAgent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexible in approach
- Communication ? oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Organised ? ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
£35,000 - £40,000
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959362319