Engineering Software Developer
Engineering Software Developer
Altran UK are always in need of those of any level/experience within software development and engineering. If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact us whatever you have to offer - our priority is getting the right people, not just filling a requirement.
We are particularly interested in;
- Software developers, preferably with experience of Python application development.
As Software Developer, you will enjoy working in teams of varying sizes; where all work and most decisions are shared.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
- Producing quality engineering-oriented software as part of a close-knit team of developers
- Communicating regularly with customers to report progress, and to resolve problems
- Undertaking regular code and design reviews
- Capturing and understanding customer requirements, and translating them into software design, code and automated unit tests
- The level/experience of the applicant will only influence the degree of technical authority, responsibility and autonomy of the role
- More senior developers will be expected to take an active role in decisions on recruitment and team organisation decision, however all levels will have some involvement in this
- Experienced team members are expected to provide a degree of technical sales- and bid- support or assist with project planning, when needed
- Demonstrates familiarity with at least one mainstream object-oriented language for example; Python, Matlab, C#, C++, Java etc.
- Possesses experience of developing software applications in a professional environment, and have experience of (depending on level ? we will often hire juniors with none of these):
- o Testing (unit, i.e. Junit, perhaps including mocks)
- o User Interface development
- o Experienced in using standard tools: IDEs, SVN/Git, CI, Coverage, Static Analysis etc.
- o Good understanding of modern software development principles (OO, design patterns, ?Agile? methodologies, etc.)
- Educated to degree level (or higher) in a computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
- A strong grounding in mathematics (A-level an absolute minimum)
- Experience of extracting requirements and understanding them from the customer?s perspective, as well as that of a software developer
- Able to learn new concepts, ideas and domains, to the point of being confident in actively using them, often with limited time to do so
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and effective at applying them in a technical environment
- Able to take full advantage of modern software development tools (IDEs etc.)
- Either professional experience of or an active interest in engineering or engineering-related subjects
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352877