Contract - Senior Front End Developer
At CDL we are currently looking for a Contract - Senior Front End Developer to come and join our team based in Stockport. Joining on a full time 6 month contract, you will receive a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK's leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
About the Contract - Senior Front End Developer role
CDL Vehicle Information Services (CDL VIS) is the leading UK provider of Registration& DVLA vehicle lookup services, and is best known for popular consumer service, **************, which provides accurate registration lookup information of vehicle history for consumers and B2B customers via web and app services. CDL VIS also carries out over two million checks per day for B2B partners, including CompareTheMarket, Go Compare, Moneysupermarket, RAC Business, Swiftcover, Swinton and Tesco Bank.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be design, enhance, and update MyCarCheck website, adding to its current functionality, and user interface in line with our department standards and strategy. You will take pride in creating user rich user experiences focusing on core principles such as accessibility, UX, having an eye for design, as well as development, making recommendations on improvements. You will have day-to-day interaction with BA's, QA, Infrastructure and Project managers in relation to taking ownership and direction of the Front End. An autonomous role, ideal for an experience front-end developer looking to add value, and work with various front-end technologies.
What we're looking for in our Contract - Senior Front End Developer
- Proven ability of complex, function-rich website creation and related programming skills
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML, XHTML, and CSS
- Experience of using Ajax
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Be proficient in using testing tools such as Cucumber, Mocha, Karma
- Communication skills - ability in communicating with internal clients and line management
- Experience of using APIs
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of MVVM and MVC.
What you can be offered as our Contract - Senior Front End Developer
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you would like to join the team as our new Contract - Senior Front End Developer please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357163