The future of the UK's rail industry is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Our talented overhaul technicians will be responsible for carrying out large scale services and overhauls on Siemens rolling stock at our brand new Lincoln facility. You will be part of the team planning and carrying out these scheduled overhauls and maintenance on a wide range of fleets that are part of the Siemens portfolio.
To plan and undertake large scale overhauls and services to a high standard on a variety of fleets. This has to be completed within the allocated timeframe whilst complying with health, safety d environmental policies and procedures.
- With minimal supervision undertake overhaul and repair of the allocated wheelsets / bogies/components adhering to the requisite processes and procedures. Track repairs and warranty administration process for all components through to a successful conclusion
- Assist other team members with the bogie / wheelset overhaul in order to develop technical skills
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos.
- Complete all records and reports accurately and to procedure using appropriate technology and systems
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering or process environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Face to face assessments will be conducted on Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th January 2018, due to our recruitment timeframes you must be able to attend one of these assessment centers in order to be able to proceed with these roles. Start date for these positions are March/April 2017.
As part of the assessment for this role you will need to complete and pass online testing prior to attending an assessment centre. We will contact you in early November if you have been selected to complete the testing.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959356394