Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with a major Manufacturing company based in South Yorkshire for a Project Engineer.
The main purpose of this role is the development and delivery of manufacturing improvement projects in line with overall business objectives and priorities, focussing on delivering efficiencies/improving productivity whilst ensuring the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of UK operations.
Working collaboratively with Senior Managers and equipment suppliers, the Project Manager will play a lead role in the design, scheduling and implementation of improvement projects, processes and ways of working for manufacturing functions aligning and maximising their efforts, insights and capabilities.
To identify and drive from concept to reality major improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Manage a diverse range of capex projects from inception to completion, ranging from £10,000 to £1,000,000.
- Analysis of production and engineering processes and integration or development of improvements.
- Management of minor projects and the mechanical aspects of major ones.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and conferring with management.
- Determine project specifications by studying design, requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine product responsibilities by identifying project phrases and elements; assigning personnel to phrases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Ensuring each project meets its deadline at each stage.
- Making sure all legal requirements are adhered to.
- Identifying problems with the project, taking the lead on developing solutions and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Develop and execute a successful 'hand-over' to production plan for all projects.
- Liaise with third parties such as external contractors around timescales and working practices.
- Aid in the development of industry best practice standards and procedures for the engineering department.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge for benefit and support of wider business.
- Adherence to International standard requirements in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (including energy).
- Person Spec - Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Motivation. Takes ownership and assumes responsibility to complete projects. Seeks opportunity to expand knowledge of business, process and new technologies.
- HNC/degree level Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum five, preferably ten years-experience in engineering roles in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of relevant H&S legislation and ability to apply.
- Strong analytical ability that can be applied across the spectrum from broad manufacturing process to specific technical function.
- Project planning and management. Ability to juggle competing demands of H&S, function, timescale, and budget to achieve the best outcome.
- Management of external contractors from negotiation and expediting of contracts through to supervision of site installation.
- Draughting and design skills i.e. ability to read and generate drawings, both layout and (desirably) detail design.
- Ability to communicate and teamwork at all levels and across functions.
- Good level of IT skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft office.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352768