Demob Job Reference: j3254
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Salary: £Negotiable DOE plus Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our client based in Hinckley, Leicestershire is a leading engineering company dealing with the various industries including aerospace, offshore and the steel industry. They are now looking for Project Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidates will arrange / coordinate all aspects of works associated with transducer-based projects throughout the UK.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in HM Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy (Weapons Engineer), British Army (Electronics Technician) or Royal Air Force (Avionics) with a proven electro-mechanical background.
- The successful candidate will manage multiple projects concurrently, taking ownership of a project lifecycle from order to handover of equipment.
- Carrying out initial customer meetings to discuss project requirements.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments ensuring the projects are running smoothly within budget and timescale.
- Work with internal resources to develop specifications and pricing of projects.
- Assist in the project build and test.
- Attend customer sites to install, calibrate and commission a range of electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensure the commissioning of equipment is completed on time.
- Test equipment on site to ensure it is functioning and fully operational.
- Complete all relevant project related documentation.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Occasional nationwide travel.
- The successful candidate must have a strong electro-mechanical engineering background.
- Electrical experience / knowledge including wiring cabinets, terminating cables, basic mains knowledge, resistor codes, soldering, basic PCB knowledge.
- Mechanical experience / knowledge including basic tool knowledge including measuring equipment for checking component to drawings.
- Knowledge of strain gauging and transducer-based systems would be an advantage.
- Open minded with an ability to produce practical solutions.
- Self-motivated, driven, organised and calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Full UK Driving License ? Occasional travel to customers is required.
- £Negotiable DOE plus Benefits
- Monday ? Thursday 8.30am ? 5pm, Friday: 8.30am ? 2pm.
- 24 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Pension scheme, company vehicle, mobile and laptop.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959359163