Junior/mid Backend Software Engineer - Scala - London
Software Engineers are key to building and maintaining the Green Man Gaming experiences as well as delivering the scalability required by an aggressively growing business. We need more Software Engineers to help us manage the delivery of the team against these exciting platform requirements.
This is a key and exciting role within the global Engineering team, responsible for the delivery of technology projects against key milestones.
You?ll be working on extending the existing and developing new high-performance, high-availability backend (micro) services for handling both real-time and asynchronous tasks, interacting with CouchDb, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kafka, etc. and various third-party services. You?ll also be involved in assisting Business Intelligence by building data pipelines between the On-Line Transaction Processing layer and On-Line Analytical Processing layer and/or implementing data mining and processing algorithms.
- Must Have
- Object-oriented and/or functional programming skills in at least one of: Python, Scala or Go.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Some understanding of application design-patterns, web services, etc.
- Flexibility, lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Database knowledge: relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Nice to Have and/or Willing to Gain
- Experience with multithreading and asynchronous processing
- Understanding of data-intensive computing and distributed system design
- Experience with provisioning infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform
- Any data analytics experience including but limited to Hadoop, R, MapReduce, BigQuery is highly regarded
- Understanding of DevOps technology landscape such as Docker, Vagrant, Micro-services.
- Experience with machine learning and data mining.
About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a global technology company at the heart of the video games industry.
****************** is an eCommerce store and community offering over 8,500 digital multi-platform games from 550 publishers to gamers in 195 countries in combination with the latest game insights and information. Millions of gamers worldwide have access to a single destination that allows them to discuss, discover and share all things gaming within a highly engaged community. This includes game data tracking, reviews as well as expert insights available on Green Man Gaming?s game hubs, blog and newsroom.
Green Man Gaming Publishing works with independent development studios globally to market their own games and increase the visibility of games in a challenging marketplace. The industry expertise and knowledge of the publishing team provide developers with hands on and collaborative support that includes in-depth market analysis, integrated Marketing and PR campaigns, finishing finance options and global retail strategy.
Leveraging its patented technology, Green Man Gaming also partners with game publishers and leading hardware manufacturers to support their marketing initiatives. Announced at CES 2017, Green Man Gaming?s digital storefront is currently being made available on millions of Lenovo laptops worldwide through the Lenovo Entertainment Hub. Green Man Gaming has also partnered with Intel® to build and manage their software distribution hub which offers digital games to over 1,000 hardware partners as part of the Intel® Partner Program.
Green Man Gaming has been recognised by leading bodies in the video gaming, business and technology sectors with over 30 awards received since it was launched in 2010.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959361671