Pro/Engineer CREO Engine Design & Development Engineer
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 12 month contract opportunity for an experienced Pro/Engineer CREO Engine Design and Development Engineer to join their Component Engineering Department.
Our client's Component Engineering Department is responsible for mechanical design and development of engine design for engines up to 7 litres which are used in a range of machine platforms. The successful applicant for this position will join the department and will take responsibility for design and development activities of components and systems for our client's brand engine ranges.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Key Responsibilities of the Pro/Engineer CREO Engine Design and Development Engineer
The Pro/Engineer CREO Automotive Design and Development Engineer should be experienced in performing at least several of the below:
- Design and packaging of Various air systems, fuel systems, FEAD, core, after treatment and other engine systems
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives our employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Pro/Engineer CREO Engine Design and Development Engineer
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications/experience will be considered
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles and processes
- Design experience of engine components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO) and/or development experience of engine components and systems, including both rig and whole engine testing
- Good understanding of engine design
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments
- Excellent communications skills and teamwork
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959341030