Information Security Manager - Data Protection
Information Security Manager - Data Protection will work within the Regulatory and Standards team to identify legal, regulatory and contractual controls that need to be applied across Maersk Transport and Logistics IT systems. The role will focus on the processing of personal data in line with the EU GDPR and other similar global frameworks.
Information Security Manager - Data Protection will be required to collaborate with stakeholders with IT departments, HR and the wider business in order to identify compliance requirements for data and to agree on implementation of appropriate controls.
Engage primarily with IT managers across the Maersk Transport and Logistics Organisation to carry out the following:
- Identify IT systems where Personal Data is processed
- Maintain a register of IT systems containing personal data
- Observe and capture any risks or non-compliances which will be fed into the risk register.
- Report compliance levels and progress to stakeholders including Head of Information Security, Chief Data Privacy Compliance Officer and Maersk Group legal.
- Contribute to developing additional controls to safeguard Maersk Transport & Logistics assets including information.
- Manage, track and reviews the status of non-compliance and risks.
- Keep abreast of the developments as EU GDPR matures and other countries adopt similar frameworks.
- Reporting on compliance status to stakeholders
- Supporting audit activities
- Work with the Information Security Project Engagement team to identify incoming products and services that impact personal data to be included within the register.
- Work within the Regulatory and Standards team to support the Information Security strategy.
Required Experience & Skills
- Good understanding of security policies, procedures and technologies, including ISO 27000 series.
- Good understanding of Data Privacy principles and requirements
- An understanding of wider regulatory frameworks, such as PCI:DSS.
- Proven ability to work and effectively prioritize in a dynamic and decentralized work environment;
- Previous industry experience with large organisations essential.
- Experience of interacting with remote and virtual teams
Education & Certification
- A degree in computer sciences, information management or another related area, (relevant industry experience will also be considered in place of a degree)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA); CISM, IISP, Data Privacy or other equivalent Security certification/accreditation is desirable.
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
The Maersk Group is the world?s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. The Maersk Group has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959330158