Contract Engineer - Roller Shutters/Curtain Walling
WS 47541 - Contract Engineer - Roller Shutters/Curtain Walling - Birmingham
My client are a leading manufacturer based in the West Midlands specializing within the design, installation, service, maintenance and sales of Chillers and Roller Shutters, now looking for an experienced contracts engineer to be based in the Birmingham area or a commutable distance to this.
Overall Objective of Role
Maintain ownership of contracts from receipt through to final invoice, maximizing profitability throughout, and advising senior management at the earliest stage, of any delays or cost issues that will impact the project or its timescale.
Additionally, any other duties deemed necessary within the organisation, consistent with the employees' skills and status.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Proactively process contracts allocated to you by the Contracts Manager, to ensure they are processed in a diligent manner, site dimensional surveys are carried out, production & material requirements are communicated in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedures, and that they are reviewed both technically and commercially at all stages of the process.
(in no particular order)
- Reviewing the file to ensure full understanding of the scope and its makeup
- Communicate at all levels both internally and externally to ensure all parties are made aware/make us aware of information/dates etc to ensure the contract is achieved in an acceptable manner by all parties
- Site surveys
- Obtaining the necessary site dimensional detail to allow drawings to be prepared
- Create drawings for approval and obtain formal approval from the contractor
- Solve technical & commercial problems as they arise to protect the company and job profitability
- Produce accurate production requirements, liaising with the Production Supervisor to ensure he is provided with the appropriate information in a timely manner to allow the product to be provided on the required date
- Liaise with all parties during the course of the contract to ensure your contracts are going to be successful
- Provide/create any bespoke documentation that is required to satisfy the requirements of the contract/legal obligations
- Instruct via the job sheet/board system, requirements for installation, reviewing the installation worksheets etc on receipt, to ensure all work is complete and any outstanding issues are dealt with
- Arrange and control any suitable suppliers of materials not requested to be supplied via the production operation, ensuring appropriate purchase orders have been raised and administered
- Ensure all paperwork is kept in a suitable manner within the structure of the contract file
- Prepare the necessary information to allow the correct invoice values to be raised at point of completion, and create a contract summary and obtain senior management signature before archiving
- Supporting team workers
- Requirement to train others as and when necessary
- Undertake training as required
- Comply with H&S procedures
- Comply with ISO9001 procedures and ISO14001 procedures
Salary circa £28k
If you have the correct experience and qualifications for this position then please forward your CV, however
If this position is NOT right for you we specialise in many industries and have a number of other positions that maybe more suitable for your background so please send in your CV as a separate application.
All communication will be treated with the upmost confidentiality.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959347184