Pedal Design Engineer
RLE has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the largest automaker in the world. The role will be based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, with the possibility of travel to other European sites.
Mission and Main Objectives
The Engineer is responsible for technical design and development of Pedal components and systems, in support of vehicle development programs.
This role will work closely with the rest of the Engineering teams to insure the component and system performs as expected as a part of the larger overall vehicle system.
Interface with other engineering and test teams is critical to ensure expected performance of components.
Throughout the development cycle of new vehicles, this role will also become involved in various other activities such as monitoring vehicle testing, manufacturing trials, and quality assessments.
You will also be exposed to, and be expected to participate in the engineering activities related to the component budget setting and cost monitoring during the development, in conjunction with the commodity buyer.
Additional tasks are related to current model maintenance, cost reduction idea generation and delivery, and market quality investigation including countermeasure adoptions.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsible for the Integration and application of Accelerator, Brake and Clutch pedal designs for new and existing vehicles.
- Perform CAD operation in NX Team enter
- Optimize designs within the vehicle package space
- Generate engineering data (models, drawings, specs) to allow manufacture of these designs
- Participate in the sourcing process and interface with the supply chain team and suppliers as required
- Ensure the proper application of new designs on development vehicle builds
- Establish manufacturing, assembly and service feasibility
- Complete and release system, sub-system and detail designs
- Establish clear Budget and subsequent validation of cost monitoring throughout the development.
- Complete component and system validation, ensuring performance targets are met
- Optimise cost of current production models
- Controlling supplier schedule.
- Identify & fix concerns and improve the quality of our existing and future products by part modification and developing the company's standards.
As part of a Global team you will be required to travel and communicate with colleagues around the world including (but not limited too) Japan, France, USA, Russia to conduct the following tasks.
- Taking handover of new development projects.
- Sharing and training skills learnt.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships.
- Supplier / process / parts audits.
You will be required to proactively contribute towards departmental objectives which are set on an annual basis including topics such as.
- Cost reduction
- Quality improvement
- Project Millstone achievement
Background and Experience
Qualified to Engineering degree or equivalent level.
Specific technical skills
- Resolving development, launch and warranty problems.
- Problem solving skills (FTA, Fishbone diagrams etc)
- Cost estimating and benchmarking skills
- Use of CAD packages (NX, ideas, space vision)
- Tolerance analysis and specification.
- Understanding of vehicle Regulation requirements.(ECER13& R21 / ADR31 / FMVSS124 /)
- Good MS office skills especially excel and PowerPoint.
- Presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Understanding of BOM management.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354140