Security Operations Centre Analyst
Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
Working for Maersk Group Infrastructure Services the Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst is responsible for monitoring and analysing security, network, application and system log events in order tidentify any anomalies and raise them as incidents for investigation.
The analyst will follow and assist in developing operational process and procedures tappropriately analyse, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Use SIEM and security tools tmonitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours.
- Refine and develop dashboards, queries and reports tcontinuously improve security situational awareness
- Support the development of the Security Operations function by adopting a proactive and innovative approach tcontinuous improvement
- Provide escalation of potential security incidents in line with appropriate processes
- Provides support during the response tpotential security incidents and subsequent reviews
- Identification of security system status or security changes that are not within governance
- Participate in individual or team projects
- Research external trusted intelligence sources and leverage knowledge detect events of interest
Who we are looking for
- Previous experience of working in a Security Operations Centre
- Experience working within complex global hybrid environments.
- Experience of maintaining a secure network through configuring and managing typical Security Enforcing Devices, such as;
- Endpoint Security
- User activity monitoring
- Vulnerability Management tools
- Experience of using SIEM tools and the terminology associated with them
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux operating systems.
- Qualifications within IT Security such as CISSP, CEH desirable though not essential
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959330151