Mortgage Support Assistant
Mortgage Support Assistant
Mortgage Support Assistant- Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are currently assisting this long established company based in Ipswich in their search for a Mortgage Support Assistant. This Company provides financial services to customers across the East of England.
The key focus of the Mortgage Support Assistant is to provide resolution at first point of contact for all inbound mortgage sales calls, and full sales and administrative support for the mortgage sales team (direct and indirect).
Other Key responsibilities are:
- To ensure all mortgage sales contact (via all communication channels e.g. Phone/email) with the Society (Direct and Indirect) is dealt within desired Service Level Agreements (SLAs), professionally and successfully (maintaining Society's reputation for first class personal service standards). To recognise and implement areas of improvement to add value to our customer experience.
- To fact find and qualify both Direct and Indirect enquiries, asking relevant questions in order to establish quality of case / Society's appetite to assist.
- To be confident and knowledgeable to enable positive presentation to the underwriting team to agree mortgage enquires at the initial enquiry stage.
- To identify sales opportunities by completing relevant research to enable successful achievement of the Mortgage Sales business plan and own personal objectives.
- To be proactive and achieve own sales targets and objectives along with focussing on department targets and overall plans for the Society.
- To be flexible within role and adapt to work needs within department and assist colleagues were necessary across the business.
- To complete follow up outbound activity as directed to enable customer loyalty and retention with the Society.
- To adhere to the appropriate regulations ensuring that all customer contact is in line with these and full sales processes are followed to ensure correct working.
- To provide administrative support for Mortgage Consultants to enable a smooth and pleasant application process with the Society.
- To identify solutions to resolve issues or complaints where possible in line with the Society procedures and to refer in other instances where necessary.
- To understand the risks associated with in your day to day activities. Following and understanding the procedures set out in the department, reporting and escalating controls that are unworkable or unnecessary to line manager within the Society's set procedures. Take personal responsibility for adherence to process, understanding the risks of noncompliance.
- To be responsible for own personal development and to keep up with current relevant issues in relation to own role and the Society.
Skills and attributes required:
- Good attention to detail and accurate at all times
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and enjoy helping customers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within a fast paced sales environment desirable
- Enjoy a challenge
This is a full time role offering 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri) plus Saturdays by arrangement. On offer is a salary of £17,500 dependant on experience. Saturday working will be paid on top of salary - Saturday premium payment.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional keywords: mortgage, sales, administrative, KPIS, development, customer service
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959361313