IT Technical Support Engineer
We have a new opportunity for a IT Technical Support Engineer to join one of the World Leaders in the Backup & Recovery Software market.
Our client specialises within Enterprise Backup Protection and are proud to boast their build vs buy philosophy, inspiring not only their customers and partners but also their competitors!
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineer who is interested in the Backup world and to join a Global Software Company in one of the most exciting and fast paced markets of the IT industry.
This position will see you join our client’s Enterprise IT Technical Support Team in Reading.
You will join a team of passionate trouble-shooters who love to take on complex technical issues, share knowledge with peers and go above and beyond for our customers!
Their customer base has a wide range of technical ability and it is your responsibility to be able to deliver solutions to all levels of competency and with no ceiling on technical ability.
You will own an issue from initial pick-up all the way to working with the development team on identifying a possible solution.
Key Skills Required
- Troubleshooting is in your blood and you love to take on tricky technical challenges!
- Can think quickly on your feet, whilst being able to manage busy work loads
- Has a desire to be challenged in what you do and is keen to knowledge share and help build your own/the team’s skills further.
- Experience working with Windows Sever 2008/2012
- A solid understanding of Network Troubleshooting for performance based issues with Operating Systems or Hardware
- Experience working with a Backup technology such as Commvault, NetBackup/BackupExec, Veeam, Datto or a similar commercial product.
- Any experience with any of the following technology would be beneficial, but not essential VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange, SAN or NAS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excited Yet? Get Ready to Apply!
- This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join an innovative, fast paced and growing organisation within a technical challenging position.
- If you want a role where you can make a difference, well… this is it! What are you waiting for?! APPLY NOW!