Engineer - Body Design (Upper Body)
RLE has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Internal Communication Officer to join the largest automaker in the world. The role will be based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, with the possibility of travel to other European sites.
Mission & Main Objectives
Current and future model design / development of upper body (mainly metal and glazing, with some mouldings / plastics)
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and development of current and future model closures - components and systems.
- Leading the technical development from concept through to production
- Responsible for achieving quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Conduct design reviews / FMEA for new / modified designs
- Supporting benchmarking and design to cost activities
- Root cause investigation and countermeasure for market issues
- Bill of material creation and management
- Supplier management to ensure system performance levels are met.
- Liaison and negotiation with others at all levels both internally and externally.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related subject
- Excel / PowerPoint / Word proficient
- Fluent in English
- Other language skills an advantage (particularly Japanese, French, Spanish, Russian)
- Full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate will preferably have experience in BIW structures / mechanism design and development or similar automotive background.
- They will be technical strong and able to demonstrate competence in designing to cost and quality targets, design for manufacture, supplier management (both technically and from a 'project' perspective), concern investigation, countermeasure development and decision analysis.
- Able to work under own initiative and be comfortable working to defined schedules in a multi-national, multi-cultural team on multiple projects.
- Ability to use NX cad advantageous, not essential
- Good communication and presentation skills will be expected.
- Full driving licence and ability to travel to offsite locations both in UK and abroad
- Good understanding of tolerancing
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and application to parts quality management
- Good understanding of parts and vehicle manufacturing processes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354098